Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Chronicles of Iridescence, Chapter 91: Denial

Denial can be so dangerous.

There are times I wonder if having certain emotions is...corect, and sometimes it takes a few rounds around the same lane of emotion before I finally get it.

That's the case for some people too, I think.

So I deny it. So we deny it. Or at least try to.

Ends up the people we are hurting are not only ourselves, but also those around us, albeit indirectly.

I recalled a friend saying this to me: "Jealousy is good, because it means you care."

But instead I harped on the negative parts of what is conceived to be a negative emotion.

In fact, there's a good side to almost everything, but I failed to see that.

And in doing so, perhaps I was the one who abandoned what I desired the most at one point, and in effect abandoned God's vision.

It's difficult thinking and knowing that you are wrong all the time.

But it's even more difficult knowing that you could actually have thrown it all away unwittingly.

Can I pick it up again? Is it the right season?

Only time will tell.

No comments: