Sunday, January 9, 2011

Chronicles of Iridescence, Chapter 107: In Between

The ham in the sandwich.

The patty in the burger.

One foot in the realm of the living and the dead.

One foot in the realm of affirmation and denial.

Feels like it's been a life like that, been a situation like that, been a dream like that.

I'm happy, of course, that people remembered enough to ask me how things are, but wondering if I should superimpose my supposed principles of others by telling them to stop.

It's only when you choose to give up certain things do you realise how important they really were, and still are.


So many things, from inside and outside, telling me to cling on or to give up.

My instincts are rarely wrong.

But then, my King is NEVER wrong....Though He isn't always clear the first time round either.

He didn't say how long, or whether it is forever dead, or if it is no longer for me.

Just a simple, 'Give it up for now'.



Because of this, though, it's teaching me how to look at my own values, my own convictions and my faith towards Him.

What He promised will come to pass....

....IF only we abide in His Word, and it abides in us.

------------------------

"You don't have to be incredible. Just be credible."

Such a powerful message for believers.

Very often we try to showcase our talents, our knowledge, our abilities to the best we know how with the intention to impress.

Like a male peacock, the males would love to show off our knowledge of certain things, our physique (a duh-ish fact), our wisdom, our knowledge, our humor and anything that we can do to get the attention of the female peacocks we are attempting to impress.

Same goes for females, though the assumption for both sexes are made on a general basis. Yet there is definitely some truth in it if one observes how people act. The change of hairdo in its style, the change of clothing in its color, the difference in the way one talks to another as compared to 'normal' friends...

Subtle, little changes.

But in our attempt to be incredible, sometimes we forget the one who gave all these to us - Money, clothes, food, intelligence, beauty, charisma, family, friends, love.

And we try to forge ahead by trying to impress, sometimes eventually falling flat on our own faces and then we turn to Him and ask the standard 'Why' questions.

Why did I fail? Why am I attracting the 'wrong' type of people? Why does my life seems like its spiraling out of control?

We forgot about being credible, about giving thanks to the one who gave us everything. The challenges, the friends, the love, the holidays, the good and smooth life....Everything.


Perhaps it's time for us, time for me to start being more credible for an incredible King rather than try to be something incredible ourselves by our own strength.

No comments: