Monday, December 6, 2010

Chronicles of Iridescence, Chapter 95: Beyond Me

If it so happens my presence causes discomfort, all I can do is this.

"I'm sorry."

Other than that, there's nothing else I can do. There's nothing else anyone can really do, for that matter.

I've been in a situation like this where the place I go to has someone that makes me feel uncomfortable, yet it is an important place. For example, school. Classrooms. Training hall.

But what can he/she do? Leave the place just to please you?

It doesn't work that way, especially if he/she has a greater purpose in mind. He/she is there to study, to get a good education. To make friends and have fun for him/herself. To become a better athlete.

And I go to where I go because of a greater purpose. If someone finds my presence a nuisance...Frankly speaking, that's too bad, because they could be missing out on their greater purpose.

It's a musing that has nested for quite a while, and I thought it would be nice to at least reveal the possible closure I have on such an issue.

I've gone the Doubting Thomas route before.

And I most certainly hope no one else walks that as well, just because of one or two people.

-------------------

Hospitality.

If some don't show it to you, doesn't mean you shouldn't show it to them.

I think that's rather important, especially when there are people you want to talk to, but find it extremely difficult to communicate with - Always making sure your focus is there on what is 'true' of you.

No comments: