Sunday, December 12, 2010

Chronicles of Iridescence, Chapter 98: Decisions

It's that time of the year again.

Yeah, some of it IS about Christmas and Santa Claus and Rudolph and presents and whatnot, but on the other hand, what would be the most defining decisions for this year and possibly the next are about to come.

To stay, or to go over?

To trust in God and give up, or to keep hanging on?

The second question seems rhetorical. Most people would say "Of course trust in God lah!" 


They are right, of course, and no offense. I believe everyone who says that meant well and have no ill intentions. But when that person is you in that situation, would you perhaps say it so confidently?

Honestly speaking, I can't...But thank God that He is currently showing me the way. Thank God that there are good friends who I can truly share with, without them feeling I am a bother or I am needy, even desperate. Thank God for the revelations and reflections I have been doing for this week. Thank God for the leaders who have impacted me so.

Yet I know that I need to be more humble, more contrite. Not always thinking that my way is the first thing. Or running away from problems every time something makes me feel out of my comfort zone.

Does that sound familiar or does it prick you somewhere? It's best if it doesn't, of course....But if it does, then I hope that everyone reflects on themselves rather than think who and who is at fault, and always have the first thought as why God isn't coming true for them.

Then again, nothing endures, except for Him and his Word.

Not even the giving up of certain things.


So maybe I'll be able to surrender it to God soon enough.

Hope to share that as good news!

No comments: