Sunday, October 17, 2010

Destiny

Just thought about the sermon last week, and it really, really, really bothered me.

You mean to say that half of my destiny, or more than that, is determined by people around me? The people I managed to interact with? The friends I have?

That's just.....horrible.

It would literally mean, for me, that I'll NEVER get to that destiny.

Yes, I'm being somewhat cynical here. Sue me, okay?

Unless, of course, something changes.

And to know that no one is really close to you, or knows you well, or really cries and laughs with you.......

Say, you out there, if there's anyone at all, of course.

What is the definition of a friend?

Someone who talks with you proactively only on Saturdays and Sundays?

Someone who treats you like a transparent piece of....God-knows-what whenever you try just to talk?

Someone who plays and has fun with you, only to leave you in the cold about their group gatherings and in the lurch about certain important things happening?

Seriously, man....Please tell me....


.....What are friends to a person easily forgotten?

No comments: