Friday, October 1, 2010

Cliff's Edge

Standing on the cliff's edge can be terrifying.

Not so when you've been running blindly towards the crevasse, not at all sure that you were actually running towards your doom, death coming to you a thousand feet down.

But once you stop at the cliff's edge, only do you realise that you've barely escaped that. Only when you look down, do you realise the consequences of what happened if you didn't stop and if you took one step too far.

Instead of thinking 'why did things progress in such a sour and callous manner?', think that 'Phew, I managed to stop in time. Let's just put my trust in Him.'

And no matter how many times, I think that it was all worth it...Because that's what comes when one asks for strength. For capacity. For...You know, other things.

 You don't get it like microwaved food - you put it in your faith microwave, pray up a storm, feel the fire coming down to warm and cook your prayer then get it once the heat is enough.

My King is the chef, and he decides when to cook it and how to cook it.

It might not be the dish I expect, but I certainly feel its something of the same nature.

So I can't give up.

Can't fall to the trap of the Accuser either.

And the previous post was perhaps another Cliff's Edge moment.

Despite the negative vibes coming from it, I thank my King that I did not take it one step too far and plummet to the complete and possibly irreversible death of....things. Things like faith, relationships, hopes and dreams. If someone chastises me over that, I'll be thankful, even for that.

Another thing I can do, of course, is to put the issue(s) behind for the time being and pull them up again when all parties are ready to face it. How would I know if we are all ready? I don't know...But I have a feeling my King will prompt me, gently or maybe even in a more...deliberate manner.

No comments: