Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thought

An idea, a concept or simply something that comes up in a person's mind.

An action of doing so.

Closely associated with assumption.

'I thought this was supposed to happen.' 'I thought that was suppose to occur.'

Sadly, I've fallen into that trap.

I thought I could do it.

Well, I probably still could, but it's been dozens of times since I failed.

I thought we were friends, or at least a little more comfortable with each other to show BASIC RESPECT/MANNERs.


But looks like it was wishful thinking. Again.

Really, is it just me?

I've been told several times that I'm actually more important than I thought I am. Encouraging, edifying words are always welcomed, of course, but words don't ever stop those kind of feelings and occurrences that have been prevalent for at least a dozen years, you know?

----------------------------------

No one wants others to assume who they are, what they are doing, what they are feeling etc.

So sometimes I find it strange that when one asks someone else, whether it is voiced out or kept in the heart, that they should never ever assume that they are feeling this way because it infringes on their rights and BASIC level of trust and RESPECT as a person/friend, they themselves, or rather, we ourselves do that.

We tell others to respect us and stop assuming, but we ourselves assume the worst of others.

We tell others to stop running, but we ourselves are the ones hiding and dodging.

We tell others that we hate people who don't respond, yet we ourselves ignore other people we know who come with the simplest of requests.

We warn others not to complain about us behind their backs and 'respect their/our boundaries', yet we dive into gossip without really caring how the person might feel about having his/her private issues brought to light.

We say, whether verbally or in our hearts, that other people should be sensitive to our needs and respect us, but we ourselves are insensitive.

We say that people should stop being so judgmental and look at the outside, but we ourselves look at the actions of others and immediately criticize and lump them as one category of people due to what society dictates.

I will not judge, of course, the attempts made by other people to change, because many probably have tried to change that way of thinking and they keep failing. How would I know? Simple...Those who have been in the situation should understand it better than most.

How much effort was put in, how much time was invested in it...Only the person him/herself knows, and that person gets extremely frustrated and angry when someone judges him or her because he/she has really, really tried their best.

Yet if you, You, yOu and yoU think that I am the hypocrite here, that I have no right to talk about this, look at your own actions before passing judgment.

Besides, I'm a normal human. If you don't like the way I air my grievances, THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM, NOT MINE. I prefer doing this than penting it all up or running away from the issue. 


At least, if someone sees this, they can call dibs on me, and I can reflect on my behavior if I ever do enact any of the unsavory examples I've listed out.

----------------------------------

That being said, things are clearing up, I think.

I won't do what was done to me, what is being done to me and what (hopefully not) might be done to me unto others.

Just because someone bashes me up doesn't mean I should go around bashing others up.

Just because someone ignores me blatantly doesn't mean I should do that to others.

Just because someone takes me for granted doesn't mean I should take others for granted.

A/N: Just for the matter, I prefer EVERYTHING to have been another stupid misunderstanding that is cleared up, which could definitely lead to improved relationships, greater sensitivity to others and greater degree of self-reflection.

Stupid behavior to have. After all, the Scripture dictates that we should 'do unto others what you want others to do unto you.'

And I believe I sow what I reap. If I ignore someone right now blatantly, other people who I might consider important in the future might do the same, even if they didn't know about this matter.

If I take someone for granted, other people who I might consider important in the future will take me for granted.

Don't know about you, You, yOu and yoU, but that's my take.

No comments: