Saturday, September 25, 2010

Chronicles of Iridescence, Chapter 80: Battle

What does it mean to be constantly battling several things at one go, every single one of them aimed at the weakest spots you are trying to strengthen?

It's like building a brick house. You pile some cement on each brick, made a wall, then some idiot comes by with his wrecking ball a-swinging, knocks it down and mocks at you for all he's worth. You do it again, and he comes back, smile benignly, and swings it again.

It feels like forever since the bricklayer has been picking up the pieces.

Or maybe I should hire a armed guard. Shoot the snot out of the crazed wrecker. Maybe I haven't been hard enough on him. Too soft, too soft...When there is war to be waged, let there be war.

Problem is, I don't have enough resources.

Or troops.

Or weapons.

What to do? Build more smithies. Construct more mines. Make more barracks and conscript more soldiers.

Sounds very fantasy game-ish, I know, but its all in the metaphor.

Get it? (I doubt you do, but I'll give you your favorite sweet treat if you even take the effort to guess...And something a little more expensive if you guess correctly. Haha)

More importantly, I think I need more bricklayers and a tighter schedule. Perhaps even training for them is in order. However simple the job might be, it's better if one gets retrained all over again to be more efficient, right?

-------------------------

War.

Conflict.

Misunderstandings.

I hate it. I hate them all.

Yet, when some things do really happen, perhaps the King allowed it for a specific reason.

It felt like He did, and turned some of those things the bricklayer has experienced from bad to good.

Here's hoping and believing that it's going to happen again.

-------------------

Can't help but wonder if certain underlying messages were placed there for me to read, see, and evaluate.

Which I will, of course...Especially if the source is trustworthy, credible and encouraging. 


But more than that, if the King's word and promise is in conflict with that, then....well, I will need to think about it all over again, won't I?


And with that, a disclaimer.

The previous blog post was not aimed at anyone in particular, but simply myself and a general group of others.

So if you are riled up and think I'm the judgmental one....Good!

Well, not good that you think I'm judgmental, because I wasn't trying to be that. It's good that you think it prickles you, because that means it definitely MEANS something to you.

And you should change. I know I was prickled by my own message, ironically.

A suggestion. No less, no more. Decision is up to you. Action is up to you.

To us.

Here's to hoping we'll all change for the better. To do more, to be more, to receive more.

Always.

No comments: