Sunday, September 5, 2010

Dreams

Had a dream as I slept, just now.

Don't know why, but I felt like breaking down and crying suddenly.

Maybe it just has been too long since such dreams came to me, and to a point where everything else felt so transient, so dry. Every night as I pined for dreams as I did a long-lost lover, it came to me in blurred images, in darkness.

Yet today, that lover came back to me once more into my arms and fed me with hope, only to leave me dry, disoriented and disheartened in the wake of her whirlwind arrival and departure.

The contents were simple, but by no means not meaningful...And often when dreams like this happen, it feels like change is coming too.

But why the weeping? Simple....

I wanted the dream to continue.

In another sense, I wanted the dream to have actually been real, that I had actually been awake and made that call and had that conversation.

It sounds delusional, but rather than looking at other things and realising that you had no part to play thus far in being a bringer of joy, I wanted that to happen.

But it did not.

However, perhaps it was a portent of things? Something of a smaller scale did happen to give me some hope.

At the very least, I won't be facing a complete wall on all five sides. I could still fly over the walls, albeit with a little bit of effort and faith in the King.

And it was a sign that the King had started answering my prayers....for others.

Thinking about that created tears of joy, mixed with a numbing resignation.

But perhaps because of such a vivid dream, things really will change for the better.

That's what I hope.

No comments: