Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Chronicles of Iridescence, Chapter 47: meaningful Meaningful

Did a facial today and some shopping. Managed to get a nice pair of loafers/shoes - or whatever you call them - at Pedro's for a 30% discount. =DD Praise the Lord for GSS!!!

Had a good long  chat with my aunt - She's the one who did my facial, you see - and surprise surprise...Though I was speaking mostly in monosyllables at the start, conversation about the Bible, about family, about relationships, about past troubles and mainly about God opened up my mouth and brightened up my day quickly.

Coupled with the knowledge from a book about conversations, it was interestingly true that sometimes being a good listener is more important than waxing lyrical on many subjects. In a sense, you can call this 'studying'. It's like poring over tons of books for the next exam in two months' time while not talking or discussing with your fellow classmates about it, especially if it's new material.

In another, appropriate sounds and responses as well as gestures show that you are listening, even if some part of you might indicate you aren't.

And in that, a fruitful discussion soon followed. I find it exceedingly fruitful and fun to talk with my aunt about all the past failures we had and the changes that were put in place. Being the young adult, I did pour out a little on the troubles I have as all young adults would face. I'll leave you to guess what kind and ask me for clarification, or just take it that you are correct. Sadly, usually the latter happens. Haha...

Adding a capital letter often tells us that the word there is the start of a sentence, or that it's a name, obviously something important. In this case, I would think that it's both. Revelation from the talk (or chatter, as you think it to be between relatives) obviously marks new chapters in certain parts of my life, as well as making certain things more important than ever before.

And a new pair of shoes. Hurray! My old pair is wearing out, though I still love them.

------------------

After experiencing an interesting day, I've had doubts answered. Yet there were doubts still that were unconfirmed, things which I thought were wrong to pray about or pray for...But it looks like I have to do that before attempting to clear the stages in my current level.

No, I'm not talking about any game. It's something serious that is to be considered, and sometimes even though the negative words seem to stand out more when I consulted my few close friends and relatives about it, I need to think about the positive things that were said, and that the few things that - according to the Word - lasts forever will always be there for me when I need them.

To tell the truth, those negative things do put me off a little, even if I don't admit it. Who wouldn't be put off? It sometimes feel as though people are denying that you have any chance at all in winning the championship. It sometimes feel as though people are pulling you down through the earth when you haven't even began attempting to fly towards the skies. It sometimes feel as though others feel that even before you try to start, you are going to fail.

Yet on the other hand, I know the advice is well-meaning. Good reality checks are always needed, and frankness the order of the day. If they thought that I'm not ready (which I truly am not ready), then they would tell me. If they thought that I could possibly be setting myself up for a fall, then they would tell me.

Just wished that the positives can come before the negatives more times though. Lesser 'What ifs' that dwelled on the supposed futility of things and certain scenarios...I don't mind them because they provide the earth for which I can rest my feet on rather than put my head in the clouds all day long.

But hearing it over and over and over again...

It does get kinda draining.

Was I too naive in thinking that I could receive a little more encouragement, or perhaps I myself have been dwelling on the negative things? If the latter is true, thank God it isn't as much as it was last time. (You can ignore the former, though, since I probably received enough encouragement already.)

Or perhaps I'm just another smaller cog in the machinery, not the main one?

That's the problem with being too aloof at times and attempting to be different in your earlier days. People shun you even though you can strike up conversations with them. Friends often forget you even though you make them laugh or feel happy or bless them with your talents.

Thank God that has all changed...Or rather, is starting to change. (And if you have the privilege to ever look at my private blog, you will soon know what I'm talking about).

So more than that, I need to retreat into my quiet time. Spend more time talking, listening, receiving from God. Truth to be told, there were certain, really important things in my life right now that I haven't prayed for, because some well-meaning (mostly good, mind you) advice has told me to let go and let God take charge for a while.

Haven't been hearing much about it afterwards, so perhaps it's time to do something new.

Perhaps it's time to put the capital M in the meaningful once more.

No comments: