Monday, April 26, 2010

Greed and Desire: Broken Thoughts

Greed: a selfish and excessive desire for more of something (as money) than is needed
 
Desire: : to long or hope for : exhibit or feel desire for
 
Both from the ever-reliable Merriam-Webster. 
 
Sometimes I wonder if I ask too much. I wonder if wanting to know what is it like to be surrounded by care and concern many times is considered greedy, especially when I have had that feeling a few times already(At least, those several times were more memorable). Did my desire to make friends stack with the greed to get that feeling? 
Desire can be good, but from the two definitions mentioned above, an excess of it leads to greed. 

So sometimes I wonder if people who end up being extremely attention-seeking experience such a phenomenon. Or when a lack of it can cause someone's desire to warp into that. 

Maybe it's mutated into something worse.

Jealousy? Envy? Melancholy? Confusion? 

Bad stuff. 

And just like opening Pandora's Box, I still think there's that Hope there, somewhere.

Just need to keep looking for it...

No comments: