Thursday, April 29, 2010

Quantum Tunneling

Sometimes I really feel like doing that.

Want an explanation? I think this video's the best for explanation:



Still confused? Alright...Here's a better example:
                            

Yeah, that's one way of doing quantum tunneling. Except I have to go a lot faster than that.

But that's how I really feel right now. So many stupid mistakes I made again and again. I wonder if there's a limit for people to be so...unrepentant of the past mistakes. Doing it over and over and over again is just pure stupidity. Besides, it's hurting me.

So why do I do it over and over again, unable to repent from dead works? more specifically, why do people do that?

The simplest answer would be that we still can't break out of our old habits and more importantly, addictions. I learned that in another module (that was to be tested next Tuesday. It's the last one! Yay!) that there is something called the Relapse. Perhaps it isn't because that we were unrepentant, but the fact that these addictions and habits have become a very part of ourselves that it feels strange to cut them off immediately.

That's one thing I want to try quantum tunneling for, though I do believe there's going to be some progress in destroying all of those nasty little habits. The second thing....

Social ineptness.

Maybe the people who know me might not feel it, but I most certainly do not come up with the brightest answers or questions when talking to people. Not when you know that you know that you know the person already has done that or owns something. An example:

E: So you have reservice in July right?

Person A: Err...Yah? We were in the same camp before mah.


E: Oh, you're in his group right?

Person B: Uh...Yes? If not I won't be walking with them mah. Haha.






There you go. There are worst scenarios but for the sake of viewers of all ages, those will NOT be discussed here lest you (a) Fall over and die laughing, (b) Suffer sleepless nights thinking about how stupid a person can get or (c) Be very, very tempted to brand me a liar, which would make you judgemental...And I wouldn't want that.

The only thing that can keep my conversation with someone going is when I either make some stupid comments that hardly make any sense, talk about them (as in asking questions) or basically attempting to talk about something interesting that just happened. Something that isn't serious.

Not that everyone is shallow, no....But I seem to have this tendency to stop conversations naturally, without even doing anything at all (or worse still, trying to maintain the flow of the conversation).

Maybe it's just me? Or can I actually believe that I can enjoy a group conversation? Can I actually hope for having both sides enjoying the interaction between two parties rather than only one person? Can I stop feeling left out all the time in a group?

I hope so. I want to believe so too. In fact, I want to experience that, where I want to talk to people to know more about them AND vice versa.

Maybe it's time for a makeover. Or a confidence course. Or a real wardrobe change.

No comments: