Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Chronicles of Iridescence: Setback and Step back

Met some of them.

The number of times we meet them would be just like the number of times ushers of various events meet with unruly audiences/participants.

What is more significant this time round, though, is that it comes hot on the heels of blessings and revelations. So hot that I could literally feel the heat behind me.

I was disappointed, of course. How could I have suffered something like this when it seems like things were going to go well for me later? The bravado and faith I had felt...Was it all fake? Was it all just for the time being only?

And then the big news came about the church.

It made me realise one thing: The enemy is out to kill, steal and destroy. Stealing, of course, is done when you are caught unaware, when you are not prepared, or else it would be called robbing. Just as the church had Asian Coference 2010 successfully wrapped up and just as many people have received revelation, revival of dreams and renewal of hope, the bad things set in immediately.

What does it mean? That the King isn't real? That he's simply playing a silly little game to watch us go round and round, like some atheist friends have suggested?

No.

It simply means that bad things happen to good people. It simply means that the church is on the verge of a breakthrough. It means that it is so great that the Enemy will pull out all kinds of stops to...well, stop us. Adverse reactions alone have shown that so clearly.

However, I want to reiterate that I do not hold it against these people, because they haven't understood the reasoning behind this. To them, they see it as another incident similar to the Ming Yi case. To them, religion is nothing but puffed up talk about a higher entity. To them, the people preaching the prosperity gospel are kind and smiling on the outside and sniggering on the inside about how they suckered people into giving them money. No doubt even some brothers and sisters in Christ both within the church and from other churches would think so too.

But it really depends. I understand the rationale behind such thinking, of course, because that's what the world view dictates. Different people have different world views, and most of the time many people have the same kind of world view. Sadly, I believe most of that's negative.

That's why newspapers sensationalize negative news. That's why they make the headlines more often than positive news, aside from what the newspapers believe should be the issues that are of utmost importance.

*RANT*And that's why you have the stupid little thing called tabloids, filled with brainless scandals and fake journalists who have nothing better to do than to stalk celebrities and produce enough trash to reach the moon just by stacking them all up.*RANT*

That aside, I think it's a matter of the mindset. If we think that this is nothing more than another trial to overcome, it's going to be fine. Likewise, this is probably another trial that I have to overcome.

Besides, if I look at the setback positively, I realise that despite its occurrence, the setback lasted a shorter time than it did before. I could see the troubles I was about the face and could stay relatively upbeat despite it happening. Instead of looking at the darker aspect of the setback, I realise that I could look at the brighter half of things going on. I was improving. I was going somewhere. I was becoming more emotionally stable.

And it's all thanks to the people in church too. The people who have posted online about their feelings, their reactions to the probe. Their positive and uplifting statements as well as their confession of the Word. It made me realise even more that this is nothing but another obstacle we have to overcome.

Besides, even my relatives and parents, who were interested in this piece of news (since it made it to the headlines....go figure just what kind of news it is) also got interested in the man in charge and were thoroughly impressed. Mind you, they don't get impressed easily.

So I just have to believe that all things happen for a reason. the King is going to bring those in the valley out of it with his rod and staff, and he will also deliver righteous justice to those who come against his will.

It sounds a little flaky, I know, but I don't type or write anything down that doesn't sound convincing to me here.

Taking a step back and look at the bigger picture.

No weapon formed against us shall prosper.

No comments: