Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Chronicles of Iridescence, Chapter 12: Day and Night, Darkness and Light

Remember in your history lessons about the principles behind the leaders ruling through Monarchy and Fascism? 

Jeff Rachmat's sermon was just like that: simple yet powerful, though by no means as demanding as the two methods of leadership.

It was nothing we don't know already, actually. That's why it's simple. So simple that he kept reiterating jokingly that even if we did know it, we should try to pretend that we haven't heard of it. Yet it's such simple messages given in the midst of our increasingly complicated life that could really impact us all so deeply that makes it all the more effective and powerful. 

Furthermore, it ties in with what I've been experiencing. What I've been hearing. What I've been reading about. What I've been seeing and what I've been dreaming about. So powerful a word in season that I felt almost completely revitalized.

Till reality sets in. In fact, it might not even be reality, but doubting assumptions set in, wondering if that dream was really for me or that the 'signs' all point to the disturbing truth that I've already lost my grasp on things.

Even I was surprised. Just as I had never before felt so easy to bounce back from setbacks, I found myself thoroughly taken aback by how easy the pressures, the negative feelings and the assumptions sap the energy out of me, while there was still an atmosphere of happiness and faith all around.

But like Pst. Rachmat said, there is a Day and Night. Like what Pst. Tan added on, the Day for others might not be the Day for me, and I know very well how deep this Night is.

To tell the truth, this was probably the most heartwrenching birthday I had thus far, because I had trouble sleeping for a long, long time....And dark dreams start happening again, even in the few hours that I slumbered, they refused to let me take a breather.

But yet again, as morning neared, the voices faded and darkness melted away, screaming and fleeing in terror of the light it did not comprehend, staring in terrified astonishment at the wonderful resolution to my situation...Even if it might not happen in reality.

But it was worth the few extra hours I slept to make up for the insomnia-laden time during the previous night. So beautiful, so clear, so bright was the resolution, the result that I wondered if it was really happening before me.

Let it be so, that my day would come when I work hard. Let it be so, that my King would move so strongly as He did in the night.

Let it be so.

No comments: