Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Chronicles of Iridescence, Chapter 16: Luck and Love

Look, you don't know how lucky you are.

Seriously.

Being able to be there, being able to have people to talk to about certain things, being a friend to others so easily...You really don't know how lucky you are.

That's why I'm really irritated why you would feel so down, when there are people who can't even afford to make a single damn mistake. Who might well be the source of the troubles to begin with and is treading on paper-thin ice. Who have nothing, aboslutely nothing but to keep believing only in the King. Who has little support from other people and despite their new resolution(s) to focus on the things that are really important, are still in a more precarious position than you are.

Better wake up before I do the slapping.

What you don't treasure, you will lose. 

Some people already have nothing to lose, because that's how bad their positions are. You, on the other hand, are better placed to do something about it, so STOP COMPLAINING.

And look, certain things may look bad, but just trust in the King, will you?

Just like I did....And will continue doing.

--------------------------------------------

Seriously, what is love?

There are times where I doubt myself on whether I truly loved anyone at all.

Did I love my parents? My siblings? My relatives? My friends? My crushes, even?

My King?

Looking back at what I've done, it seems like I probably have never truly loved, or was truly passionate about something or someone.

But I want to change that. I want to make plans and take action to change all that, so that I can truly love the people around me. Even my enemies.  So that I can truly love what I'm doing instead of treating it as another 'duty' that I have to fulfil. Instead of being someone who seemed to sacrifice and help others, but only in vain.

So that I can be passionate about life. About people. About love. About the King.

And what better way is there than to start with the very one person who died for us all?

Teach me how to be passionate.

Teach me how to love.

1 comment:

Ra.lph said...

learn to love by first loving yourself.