Sunday, May 23, 2010

Chronicles of Iridescence, Chapter 14: Oh, quirky day, quirky day!

Really interesting day today. Crashing the prayer meeting wasn't enough. I just had to crash another important aspect of cell group. Not for the first time ever, but it definitely felt like the first time in a long time.

Argh.

But at least I knew why. My spirit man was tired. It was ailing, for some strange reason.  Maybe I hadn't been praying enough. Maybe I had been struck so many times in the head that my soul had become groggy, staggering towards what looked like my corner after getting pummelled in the first round. Or maybe it was the discouraging things that kept coming one after the other.

And the strangest thing happened during service. As if it weren't enough, I had trouble keeping my eyes and heart open to the message. On the brink of giving up, I just told my King that though I looked like this and felt like this, I wanted to hear the word. I wanted healing to come upon my spirit man.

And somehow, I woke up. All of a sudden. The weirdest thing was I didn't even realise it until I stood up in the closing minutes of the service. And another miracle took place: No more pain in chest and shoulder that I had been experiencing before this.

Ask, and you shall receive. Seek, and you shall find. Knock, and the door will be opened to you. 

Simple, basic knowledge, yes? Yet it was the only thing that rang clearly in my head when I struggled to keep myself awake, and His reassurance that everything will be fine.

And all of a sudden, I've never felt so fine before. Sore throat felt better too and I could sing with the gusto I usually have. I suddenly felt like I could take on the world, pray up a storm, read the Word cover to cover, word for word, heal people just by an authoritative word and prayer. Stuff like that.

Of course, that came crashing down somewhat later, but I realise that I was simply thinking about certain things.

...Speaking of which, can someone confirm what a few friends have been saying about me looking fierce? I seriously had no idea that I looked that way when I was thinking about things and displaying a few traces on my emotions about those thoughts. Don't worry...Nothing negative in them, just some story ideas, and whatever that was negative had been dispelled by the interaction with friends and the happy atmosphere around them.

From a lousy start to a relatively good end.

Oh, quirky, quirky day!
Let it be better, come what may.
Good start and good end,
Testimonies I shall lend,
Not for you to destroy,
Nor to treat as a toy,
But to glorify the King,
For He is greater than everything.

Oh, quirky, quirky day!!!

....Hope you liked it. =)

No comments: